Maranda LLC, a Delaware limited liability company d/b/a ClueJay (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) offers the websites www.Maranda.com and www.ClueJay.com (together, our “Website”), including its content and site functionality, and related media and services that are or may become available through Website to you, the user, subject to and conditioned on your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. “Social Media Pages” are the official social media pages we operate on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other social media platforms.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website. In the past 12 months, we may have collected:
- Location: We use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services.
- Device information: When you visit our Websites, interact with our Social Media Pages or online ads, or open our emails, we learn about your browser, device type, IP address, operating system, browser type, and other technical information about your device.
- Contact Information: We collect contact information, which includes information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, shipping and billing address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Payment details: Your payment details may be collected in connection with an order.
- Call records, email records, text records, and chat logs: If you call, email, text, or chat with our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Shopping History: We keep track of your shopping history with us, including the items you purchase or add to your shopping cart.
- Website interactions: We collect information about your interactions with our Website including pages visited, links clicked, buttons clicked, mouse movement, scroll behavior, traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and resources that you access and use on the Website. This data may then be used to troubleshoot customer service issues, either individually or in the aggregate, to improve site functionality and to analyze user interaction. This information could include personal information, depending on what information you provide.
- Submitted content: We collect any content you submit to our Website, through email, text, chat, or our Social Media Pages, or to us in person including photos, videos, or reviews. By submitting content to our Website or through any other means, you consent and grant to us the irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty free, worldwide right (but not the obligation), to (i) use, copy, perform, reproduce, edit, modify, display, broadcast, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and otherwise exploit your content in any form, manner, or media now or hereafter known including but not limited to posting or reposting the content on our Website or Social Media Pages and using your content for commercial purposes including marketing, advertising, and publicity and (ii) use your name, image, likeness, username, or your pet’s name in connection with the content.
- Behavioral information: We may also collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For more information about managing your privacy and security settings for behavioral tracking, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- Demographic information: We have access to demographic details about our customers such as shipping and billing address, ZIP code, and other similar details.
- Social media usage: We receive information about people who visit and interact with our Social Media Pages.
How Your Information is Collected
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you when you: make a purchase, visit our Website, contact us with questions or comments through email, call, text, or chat, upload content to our Website or Social Media Pages, add items to your shopping cart, respond to a survey, subscribe to a service, or fill out any forms on our Website or Social Media Pages.
- Your device or browser: We collect information automatically from your device or browser as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, screen recording, and other tracking technologies.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us. Your information may be collected and processed independently in accordance with such third party’s own privacy notices. These third parties may share information they have collected with us.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local shared objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). As an example, web beacons allow the Company to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-833-PET-TEST (738-8378). California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, for the following business purposes:
- Customer Experience: We use your information to present our Website and its contents to you, to speed up your searches, and to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- Fulfilment: We use your information to provide you with information, products, test results, or services that you request from us, or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Communication: We use your information to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices, and to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Personalization: We may use your information to recognize you when you return to our Website or to store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Understanding our customers: We may use your information to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Advertising: We may use your information to present advertising online and via email, text messages, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines. We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you, or to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- Promotions: We may use your information to run contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions.
- Contractual and legal obligations: We may use your information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, and to comply with legal obligations, or to enforce or apply this Agreement, including our Terms and Conditions, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- Security: We may use your information to protect our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity.
- Other: We may use your information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or for any other purpose with your consent, including hiring and market research.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To Affiliates: We share your personal information with our affiliates, such as Maranda Veterinary Laboratories LLC, as well as other related companies. See Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below for how to control the information we use for this purpose.
- To Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with our business, including fulfilling orders, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Website and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Your Information above, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect About You above. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Some of these third parties may be located outside the United States. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices
- To Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business. We may share with them the types of information described in Information We Collect About You above. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected.
- To Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers or the Company. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. When we join with other parties to provide specific services, we may share your personal information with the third parties involved. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- To Parties to a Business Transaction: We may share your personal information with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, or those of its affiliates, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company, or its affiliates, as applicable, about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To Any Other Party for Fulfilment of Service: We will disclose information about you to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or for any purpose with your consent. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe from future promotional email distributions by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering Nevada’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete some aspects of your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
This Section applies only to individuals who are residents of California under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), where the resident is acting in their own capacity and not acting on behalf of a company or organization in the context of business activities.
As a resident of California, you have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (with any implementing regulations and as may be amended from time to time, “CCPA”) relevant to your Personal Information (as defined under the CCPA), as well as other laws. The rights described herein are subject to exemptions under the CCPA and other limitations under applicable law.
California Consumer Rights Under the CCPA: If your Personal Information is subject to the CCPA, you may have certain privacy rights with regard to that information. You may have the right to:
- Request that we provide you access to the following no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information;
- the categories of Personal Information that have been sold (as defined under the CCPA) within the preceding 12 months and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold; and
- the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed within the preceding 12 months and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was disclosed.
- Request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to exceptions under the CCPA or other applicable law; and
- Request that we not “sell” your Personal Information by opting out of the sale of your Personal Information.
California residents also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
Submitting a CCPA Request
If you wish to exercise your right to request access to your Personal Information, to request deletion of your Personal Information, or to request that we opt you out of the sale of your Personal Information, please submit your request to email@example.com or call 1-833-PET-TEST (738-8378).
We are required to provide you with access to your Personal Information or delete your Personal information only in response to verifiable consumer requests, We will compare the information you provide to any information we may have in our possession in order to verify your request. We may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request. The information you provide must match the information we have in our possession. This measure is in place to help ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. The information collected through this process will be used for verification purposes only.
Categories of Personal Information Sold
We share personal information with Affiliates, Service Providers, and Third Parties that we work with, including Third Parties who help us market or advertise to you. Although it is not our intention to sell your personal information, California law may characterize our providing the following categories of information we share with companies that provide services to you or to us, such as personalizing your experience with us or helping us to market or advertise our products and services to you, as “sales” of personal information in the previous 12 months: contact information, device information, location information, demographic information, website usage, and social medial usage.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We share personal information about you with service providers and third parties for business purposes, such as operational purposes and other purposes related to providing you with the products and services you seek from us. For the categories of third parties to whom information about you may be disclosed, see Disclosure of Your Information above. For more information about our business purposes, see How We Use Your Information above.
Additional California Privacy Rights
California residents may also ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal data that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. California residents may make one request per calendar year.
To make this request, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and transmitted over a TLS/SSL connection. We do not store payment information on our server.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
External Links Policy
Links may be established from the Website to one or more external websites or resources operated by third parties. We do not control and are not responsible for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available at such third party sites.